Search This Blog and the Web

Shop at the Official Ferrari Store!

Saturday, November 1, 2014

Anyone Know How to Reach Publisher of German Aviation Magazine, Jet & Prop?

Hello! Can any warbird enthusiasts help me out? I am doing some research on a WW II Meserschmitt BF 109 G that was pulled up from a small lake in Estonia in 1990. There was an article on the plane's recovery in the German magzine Jet & Prop. I have tried several times without luck to contact and reach the publisher to see if a particular back issue exists (Issue 3, Year 2000). The article is reportedly on page 13 and titled "Junge Russen Holten eine "Gustav" aus dem Swiblo-See." I cannot make out the issue number at the lower margin of the article shown below. It could also be in a 1990 - 1992 issue of this magazine. If anyone knows if there is an index for Jet & Prop or if the isue containing the article below is out there and available for purchase and/or knows how to reach the publisher or editor of Jet & Prop, I will be grateful.

I am also searching in vain for more information on the pilot, whom I understand to have been a Luftwaffe officer named Josef (Joseph?) Groene. He was Technical Officer for the Staff Flight of Luftwaffe JG 54 "Grunherz" (Green Hearts) operating out of the Dorpat area in 1943 and early 1944. I tried contacting Germany's Bundesarchiv but they have not replied to my inquiries either. 

Thank you.



No comments:

Post a Comment